layout

Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's a Girl!



Hello All!

Yesterday we had our 20-week ultrasound and are very excited to announce that we have a sweet baby girl on the way! At first it was a little hard to see for sure what she was because she was being a modest little lady... but she eventually stopped being shy long enough for the technician to get a really good look and tell for sure. :)

Now we are anxiously waiting (and praying) to hear back from the doctor about what he sees on the ultrasound and will hopefully get the assurance that baby girl is healthy and developing right on track. We will not get those detailed results until mid next week, but I promise I will update everyone ASAP. So until then, please say a few extra prayers that little girl is, and stays healthy! (I'm no expert, but on the ultrasound I saw 10 fingers, 10 toes, a cute little round head and a steady and strong heart beat so that's a good start!)
I am trying to not worry about the results and am going to be trying to busy myself with all the shopping and planning I've been keeping myself from doing until I knew if I was going to be looking for pink or blue things. haha! The technician also warned us that we may have to go in before too long for another ultrasound because while little girl was moving quite a bit, she wasn't actually rolling over and it was hard to get good pictures of everything on the right side. So if we do have to go in again it's nothing to worry about, just they may want to see better to make certain that everything is OK! I'm thinking she might just be a little camera shy because after we left the clinic I could feel her moving quite a bit, lol! :)

Ryan was so happy he started to actually wiggle when the technician announced that the baby was a girl. I know he would have been really happy for a boy too, but he has been looking forward to having a Daddy's Girl someday and is really excited he doesn't have to wait a whole lot longer for it. I even helped him get started on this, the first girl outfit I picked up says "I love Daddy" :) I wasn't set on wanting a boy or girl either... but early on my "mommy senses" began tingling and I just had a feeling that the little one was a girl... it was kinda fun seeing how it was true. :)

I haven't had access to a scanner yet, but I know everyone is anxious so see some pictures from yesterday's "photo shoot" so please bear with the hack job I did with my camera. These where the best 2 I was able to get where you can actually see the baby. I will have more, better quality ones later when I have time/access to a scanner!








Also, just for fun... here is a picture of me, baby bump and Sammy... he is going to make such a good big "brother!" He is such a sweet boy and I'm sure can't wait for his new little sister to get big enough to play with him. :)


I think that is about all for now! Thanks everyone for all the love and encouragement! Please keep the prayers coming for our little, growing family! :)

Love,
Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment